Long story short - the posts from 2011 are from the original attempt with my friends to go to the "Race" group of the Bamako rally, to which I (D, real name David ;)) didn't manage to go in the end. Any posts starting October '12 are from the 2012 attempt with me and the wife :)
Do note, I use all kinds of colorful language, and am politically incorrect. You have been warned.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Senegal time!

Senegaaaaal!

Oh. My. God.

Can I go BACK to the Morocco-Mauritanian border? I knew Rosso crossing between Mauritania and Senegal was a problem, but, 8 hours? Really?

On the bright side, we did get a return visa to Mauritania for 60 EUR (Andrew G. Szabo, I expect a refund, BTW), took 4 hours to get to the Senegal side, and then... Then confusion broke out. The car wasn't on the list, the Vermin were out in force, and the customs officers last gave a damn around the time Mohammad (PBUH) walked the earth. It was, if that's possible, even more surreal that the No Mans Land.

So, we're now in Richard Toll, Senegal, just had a nice dinner and are about to enjoy a bed in a mosquito-infested hotel - but at least there are showers :) More to come. Be nice.

And they have beer. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment