Long story short - the posts from 2011 are from the original attempt with my friends to go to the "Race" group of the Bamako rally, to which I (D, real name David ;)) didn't manage to go in the end. Any posts starting October '12 are from the 2012 attempt with me and the wife :)
Do note, I use all kinds of colorful language, and am politically incorrect. You have been warned.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday...

Leaving Morocco.

Tomorrow, we depart to lands unknown - the Islamic Republic of Mauritania. We are currently camping in what we affectionately call "The Circus Tent" at a hot spring about 40km out of Dakhla. It was a truly non-memorable day, spent on tarmac roads trying to catch up with the rest. Best part of the day was when we started seeing Bamako cars on the road again :) Oh, and driving 120kp/h through the completely empty road in the Sahara. Yeah, that was cool.

Oh, and I hit something ("something" - a local motorcycle/pickup thing which parked waaaay too close in the two minutes I went to the ATM in) with the back of the car. Another thing to add to the list of things that need fixing when we get back - which now comprises of a new set of bumpers, front windscreen, a new exhaust and some bodywork courtesy of the rock desert ;)

Catch you when we can!

1 comment:

  1. I like the the politcally incorrect part a lot. No, reallY, I really do!
    Pavlina

    ReplyDelete