Long story short - the posts from 2011 are from the original attempt with my friends to go to the "Race" group of the Bamako rally, to which I (D, real name David ;)) didn't manage to go in the end. Any posts starting October '12 are from the 2012 attempt with me and the wife :)
Do note, I use all kinds of colorful language, and am politically incorrect. You have been warned.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Let's review...

ONE WEEK TO GO!

Yay! I think!

Tomorrow we'll start with the final packing of the car (which, BTW, ran its battery down again - guess I have an hour or so walking around it with a voltage meter in my future). We'll share the pictures as we go along, but I don't think anyone will be overly surprised when I mention that the food box is actually the biggest one we're taking. We're taking some scotch - "Vat 69" - with us for purely medicinal purposes - not something I'd normally drink, but, who can resist a whisky that "in 1914, Sir Ernest Shackleton took supplies of Vat 69 on his Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition, stating that it would be used for medicinal and celebratory purposes" - well, EXACTLY!

The passports are back - though there's a catch, the Mauritanian visa has "UNE" entry, which might be a bit of an issue - as are the start numbers, medical insurance #2, and car insurance papers for Africa. Oh, and we have the first batch of Euros in small bills - something that we hope will assist us in solving pesky minor problems, such as, oh, you know, not having a dual-entry visa for Mauritania.

Packing starts tomorrow - and with it, pictures.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment