Long story short - the posts from 2011 are from the original attempt with my friends to go to the "Race" group of the Bamako rally, to which I (D, real name David ;)) didn't manage to go in the end. Any posts starting October '12 are from the 2012 attempt with me and the wife :)
Do note, I use all kinds of colorful language, and am politically incorrect. You have been warned.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 3+morning of day 4

Good morning world. For the record, while the seats on the Malaga - Melilla ferry are not exactly comfortable, and they seem intent to prepare you for African temperatures with the air conditioning, we are now nearing the Spanish enclave of Melilla - and I actually have an European phone signal. Yay!

So, events of the day. Highway, separated from more highway by a few stretches of an A-road, and some more highway. To break the highway monotony, we had a culture stop in Granada to see the Alhambra and tHe Nasrid palace - which is impossible in the summer, seeing as we got the last tickets for the 16.30 tour yesterday - 3 weeks ago. Ah well.

Anyway, today is the first day of Africa (assuming we get past customs when we land), so, huh, I'm a little terrified of driving, but let's see. I'm not sure how regular the updates will be from hereon, but we will try to keep you, the adoring reader (Hi Dads!) updated.

And for those f you that were expecting car trouble: Nope, not a thing. And here's hoping that Mr. murphy doesn't go: "Oh, you're out of Europe and reasonable access to repair and towing services? Here, let me break that for you."

I leave you with a shot from the Alhambra.


No comments:

Post a Comment