Long story short - the posts from 2011 are from the original attempt with my friends to go to the "Race" group of the Bamako rally, to which I (D, real name David ;)) didn't manage to go in the end. Any posts starting October '12 are from the 2012 attempt with me and the wife :)
Do note, I use all kinds of colorful language, and am politically incorrect. You have been warned.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Folow the car!

As you all probably guessed, we're back in Europe now, and hard at work!

I know, it sucks (but not as much as sitting on the Guinea-Bissau / Senegal border ;)). I'm hard at work at putting the "book" together - comprising of the posts on this blog, and additional commentary and pictures - shouldn't take me much more than... uhh... I don't know, a while. It will be funny though. I think.
Oh, and I have a great dash-cam video of the rock desert... Just need to edit it :) Watch this space!

The car is still on the way back from Africa. And I think he's having great fun - by now, he has seen such lovely places as Nigeria and Ghana - and it about to visit the Ivory Coast... I'm ever so slightly concerned about what state it will be in when it arrives, how many illegal immigrants will have nested in it, and the kilos of illegal drugs that will be hidden away in it, but, let's see.

If you want to follow his trek, here you go:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=247310000

Click on the Latitude/Longitude to see where it currently is :)





No comments:

Post a Comment